Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Inexpensive Aroma Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer

pros: I love the product. The rice made from it is soft and loose. The non-stick surface keeps clean and shining. You can easily remove the inner lid and wash it, and then put it back with just one push. No screws needed. It is fixed with a rubber ring. That is great. It also has a steam basket, so I can steam some meat and vegetable together with the rice.
cons: It takes a little longer than larger ones (usually 37 mins to cook white rice). But if you prepare early and use the delay timer, it is not a big problem. In addition, the steam basket is designed for one person, so it is a bit shallow and small. If you want to steam a sweet potato, cut it into cubes first. It is not even high enough for a corn. However, I do not mind because steaming is not the most important function of a rice cooker.




This cooker is great, and for just a few more dollars you can get the really big one that does 18 cups. There is no way I'm going to need to make that much rice.
First off it's a pretty easy setup, measure your rice, wash. And if you like me and love sticky rice soak the rice for about 24hours.
Put rice in bot thing, add water to the line according to the amount of rice you making.
Plug this bad boy in.
Press the white rice button or what every your doing
That's it, just wait, i would say it took around 20 minutes. I wasn't in the kitchen when it rang.


I ate my first breakfast oatmeal cooked using the programmable timer set for overnight, and it was perfect. I used 1 cup (regular, not rice cooker) of steel cut oats to 2 regular cups of water and a pinch of salt. Before adding the water and oats, I buttered the inner container. Coating the container with butter or oil in advance will usually prevent over-browning during the warm stage. JUST A NOTE OF CAUTION: When I opened the cooker, I noticed that the inner lid had collected a good bit of condensation. I strongly recommend that this lid be dried (paper towel handy?) before lifting out the rice container, so that water doesn't drip into the inner mechanism. Even a little water can cause a short and kill your rice cooker dead as a doornail. Otherwise a great product.
Canon EOS Rebel T3  12.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Blog List

Term of Use